TBLT: list of key publications
- Bygate, M. (2015) Domains and directions in the development of TBLT. Amsterdam: John Benjamins.
- Ellis, R. (2003). Task-based language teaching and learning. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- Ellis, R. (2009). Task-based language teaching: Sorting out the misunderstandings. International Journal of Applied Linguistics, 19(3), 221-246.
- Long, M. (2015). Second language acquisition and task-based language teaching. Malden, MA: Wiley-Blackwell.
- Nunan, D. (2004). Task-based language teaching. Cambridge, UK: Cambridge University Press.
- Van den Branden, K., Bygate, M., & Norris, J. M. (Eds.) (2009). Task-based language teaching: A reader. Amsterdam: John Benjamins.
- Van den Branden, K. (Ed.) (2006). Task-based language teaching: from theory to practice. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
- Long, M.H. (2005). Second Language Needs Analysis. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
Research into (pedagogic) tasks
- Baralt, M., Gilabert, R. & Robinson, P. (2014) Task sequencing and instructed second language learning. Bloomsbury.
- Bygate, M., Skehan, P., & Swain, M. (Eds.). (2001). Researching pedagogic tasks: Second language learning, teaching and testing. London, UK: Longman.
- García-Mayo, P. (Ed.) (2007). Investigating tasks in formal language learning. Multilingual Matters.
- González-Lloret, M. & Nielson, K. B. (2015). Evaluating TBLT: The case of a task-based Spanish program. Language Teaching Research, 19(5), 525-549.
- Samuda, V., & Bygate, M. (2008). Tasks in second language learning. Basingstoke, UK: Palgrave Macmillan.
- Robinson, P. (2011). Second language task complexity, the Cognition Hypothesis, language learning, and performance. In P. Robinson (Ed.), Researching task complexity: Task demands, task-based language learning and performance (pp. 338). Amsterdam: John Benjamins.
- Skehan, P. (2014). Processing perspectives on task performance. Amsterdam: John Benjamins.
TBLT in context
- Andon, N., & Eckert, J. (2009). Chacun à son gout. Task-based L2 pedagogy from the teachers point of view. International Journal of Applied Linguistics, 19, 286310.
- East, M. (2012). Task-based language teaching from the teachers perspective. Amsterdam, The Netherlands: John Benjamins.
- Müller-Hartmann, A., & Schocker-von Ditfurth, M. (2011). Teaching English: Task-supported language learning. Paderborn: Schöningh.
- Van den Branden, K. (2016). The role of the teacher in task-based language teaching. Annual Review of Applied Linguistics, 36, 164-181.
- Van den Branden, K. (2006). Training teachers: task-based as well? In K. Van den Branden (ed.), Task-based language education: from theory to practice (pp. 217-248) Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
- Willis, J., & Willis, D. (2007). Doing task-based teaching: A practical guide to task-based teaching for ELT training courses and practicing teachers. Oxford, UK: Oxford University Press.
TBLT and technology-mediated learning
- Gonzàlez-Lloret, M. & Ortega, L. (2014). Technology-mediated TBLT. Researching technology and tasks. Amsterdam: John Benjamins Publishing.
Task-based language assessment (TBLA)
- Brown, J. D., Hudson, T. D., Norris, J. M., & Bonk, W. (2002). Investigating task-based second language performance assessment. Honolulu: University of Hawaii Press.
- Norris, J.M. (2016). Current Uses of Task-Based Language Assessment. Annual Review of Applied Linguistics, 36, 230-244.
- Van Gorp, K. & Deygers, B. (2014).Task-based language assessment. In A. J. Kunnan (Ed.), The Companion to Language Assessment. Volume II Approaches and Development (pp. 578-593). Malden, MA: Wiley Blackwell.