This website is supervised by the International Association for Task-Based Language Teaching (IATBLT) vzw.
IATBLT vzw is an international and worldwide organisation of scholars interested in and active contributors to the field of task-based language teaching (TBLT). IATBLT vzw aims to promote principled approaches to TBLT, and especially to
- (a) promote research, applications, and development of TBLT,
- (b) help to disseminate results and resources, and
- (c) promote international and interdisciplinary cooperation in the field.
IATBLT vzw aims to pursue these objectives using all the means at its disposal, in particular to:
- (a) oversee the running of an international conference on TBLT every two years, and
- (b) promote the dissemination of information by other appropriate means including its website.
Executive Board of IATBLT vzw
IATBLT vzw is governed by an Executive Board (EB). The EB meets at least once every two years, at the biennial International Conference.
Kris Van Den Branden, KU Leuven University of Leuven
Andrea Revesz, University College London
Marta Gonzalez-Lloret, University of Hawai'i at Mãnoa
Koen Van Gorp, Michigan State University
- Bill Dunn, University of Alberta
- Martin East, The University of Auckland
- Roger Gilabert, University of Barcelona
- Alison Mackey, Georgetown University and Lancaster University
- Natsuko Shintani, The University of Auckland
Members ex officio
- Martin Bygate, Lancaster University
- John Norris, Educational Testing Service
Membership IATBLT vzw
All participants who registered for the last biennial conference (Leuven, September 2015) automatically become a member of IATBLT vzw for a period lasting two years (until the eve of the next conference).
Those interested in becoming a member without having registered for the last biennial conference can become a member by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and paying the membership fee. The e-mail message should contain name, address, date and place of birth, nationality and affiliation of the applicant. Until the next TBLT conference, the membership fee amounts to 20 USD; students pay only 10 USD (students should mention in their message at which university/school they are enrolled and should specify the program they follow).
The membership fee must be paid by bank transfer (cash or cheques are not accepted) to the bank account of the IATBLT vzw (IBAN: BE05 7370 4450 6875 ; BIC: KREDBEBB) (please mention new member IATBLT + the name of the new member in the message of your bank transfer)